In John, Chapter 6, we find John’s account of the feeding of the 5,000. This is the only of Jesus’ miracles to be recorded in all four gospels. Many have tried to explain it away, but it is most definitely a miracle. All four gospels proclaim it as such and it was accepted as such when it happened.
In the study of this miracle we find the following applications for the living of our lives:
1. Don’t be surprised when God interrupts your plans.
2. If Jesus says, “Do It,” then do it.
3. When you are tested, focus on Jesus, not on the circumstances or details.
4. Look for and join in the opportunity to be involved in something miraculous.
5. Meet the physical needs of people, but always remember that their greatest need is the salvation found only in the Bread of Life.
This Bible study was presented to the Agape Life Bible Study Class of the First Baptist Church in Brenham, Texas, on Sunday, October 17, 2021. Handouts with slide content can be requested at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter – From the Back Porch @ nationalfast
Website – FromTheBackPorch.org
Facebook – From the Back Porch in Texas
YouTube – From the Back Porch